Emilia Clarke does on 23rd October - check out my tribute to this Birthday Girl turning 30, at the end of this feature.
Do you also share your birthday with a well known, highly regarded & famous Actor or Actress; share your special day with a Director, Producer, Writer, Cinematographer, Singer/Songwriter or Composer of repute; or share an interest in whoever might notch up another year in the coming seven days? Then, look no further! Whilst there will be too many to mention in this small but not insignificant and beautifully written and presented Blog, here are the more notable and noteworthy icons of the big screen, and the small screen, that you will recognise, and that you might just share your birthday with in the week ahead. If so, Happy Birthday to you from Odeon Online!
Sunday 23rd October
- Emilia Clarke - Born 1986, turns 30 - Actress
- Alex Gibney - Born 1953, turns 63 - Director | Producer | Writer
- Ang Lee - Born 1954, turns 62 - Director | Producer | Writer
- Sam Raimi - Born 1959, turns 57 - Director | Producer | Writer | Actor
- Ryan Reynolds - Born 1976, turns 40 - Actor | Producer
Monday 24th October
- F. Murray Abraham - Born 1939, turns 77 - Actor
- Martin Campbell - Born 1943, turns 73 - Director | Producer
- Kevin Kline - Born 1947, turns 69 - Actor | Singer
Tuesday 25th October
- Adam Goldberg - Born 1970, turns 46 - Actor | Producer | Director | Writer | Editor
- Gale Anne Hurd - Born 1955, turns 61 - Producer | Writer
Wednesday 26th October
- Jaclyn Smith - Born 1945, turns 71 - Actress
- Rosemarie DeWitt - Born 1971, turns 45 - Actress
- Dylan McDermott - Born 1961, turns 55 - Actor
- Cary Elwes - Born 1962, turns 54 - Actor | Producer | Writer
- Seth MacFarlane - Born 1973, turns 43 - Actor | Producer | Director | Writer | Singer | Songwriter | Animator
- Jon Heder - Born 1977, turns 39 - Actor | Producer
Thursday 27th October
- John Cleese - Born 1939, turns 77 - Actor | Producer | Writer | Singer | Director
- Ivan Reitman - Born 1946, turns 70 - Producer | Director | Writer
- Roberto Benigni - Born 1952, turns 64 - Director | Writer | Actor | Singer
Friday 28th October
- Dennis Franz - Born 1944, turns 72 - Actor | Writer
- Kevin MacDonald - Born 1967, turns 49 - Director | Producer | Writer
- Joaquin Phoenix - Born 1974, turns 42 - Actor | Producer | Writer | Singer
- Julia Roberts - Born 1967, turns 49 - Actress | Producer
Saturday 29th October
- Kate Jackson - Born 1948, turns 68 - Actress | Producer
- Winona Ryder - Born 1971, turns 45 - Actress | Producer
- Robert Hardy - Born 1925, turns 91 - Actor
- Richard Dreyfuss - Born 1947, turns 69 - Actor | Producer | Writer | Singer
- Rufus Sewell - Born 1967, turns 49 - Actor
- Ben Foster - Born 1980, turns 36 - Actor | Producer
Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke was born in London, England where she grew up in Berkshire with her business woman mother, theatre sound engineer father and her brother. The young Emilia's interest in Acting were first sparked at age just three when her mother took her along to a theatre production of the musical 'Show Boat' which her father has worked on. She was educated at the independent Roman Catholic Rye St. Antony Girls School in Headington, Oxford, and then the co-deucational independent boarding St. Edward's School in Oxford. From there she attended the Drama Centre London, affiliated to the University of the Arts, London who's other notable alumni include Michael Fassbender, Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Tom Hardy, Paul Bettany, Russell Brand and her 'Game of Thrones' Co-Star Gwendoline Christie. She graduated in 2009.
Whilst at St. Edward's Clarke appeared in two school plays, ten whilst at the Drama Centre London, and the Los Angeles Company of Angels production of 'Sense'. She gained her first small screen role on an episode of the BBC's 'Doctors' in 2009, and followed this up with the made for television movie for the SyFy Channel 'Triassic Attack' in 2010.
Her big screen debut came in 2012 in 'Spike Island' about the English alternative rock band 'The Stone Roses' gig on Spike Island, Cheshire, England in May 1990 and a group of friends who attempt, in the lead up to that gig, to get to the concert venue without transport, and to gain entry without tickets. This was followed up that same year with the twelve minute short film 'Shackled'.
2013 saw the black comedy crime caper film 'Dom Hemingway' as Written and Directed by Richard Shepard and starring Jude Law in the title role with Richard E. Grant and Damian Bichir. 'Terminator : Genisys' came next in 2015 with Clarke playing Sarah Connor to Jason Clarke as John Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reece and Arnold Schwarzenegger as a re-programmed T-800 Terminator. Despite the film grossing over US$440M off its US$155M budget, a further instalment has been put on hold indefinitely, and Clarke has stated earlier this year that she would not be returning to the franchise.
'Me Before You' came earlier this year alongside Sam Claflin, which whilst earning a worldwide gross of US$207M from its US#20M budget and therefore a commercial success, received average critical acclaim only, although the performances of its two leads were generally praised. Clarke played alongside her 'Game of Thrones' Co-Star Charles Dance.
In the meantime and perhaps most significantly, Clarke has appeared in all six seasons so far broadcast of the hugely popular and much lauded 'Game of Thrones' television series for HBO. Playing the character of Daenerys Targaryen (aka 'Stormborn', 'The Mother of Dragons' and 'Khaleesi') - she is one of the shows most popular characters, and is set to return for season seven. She has won several awards and been nominated multiple times for her role in the cult series. Added to the demands of filming ten episodes per season for now six full televised seasons on 'Game of Thrones', Clarke has appeared in single episodes of 'Futurama' and 'Robot Chicken', and starred in a Broadway production of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' in the role of Holly Golightly made famous by Audrey Hepburn in the classic 1961 film.
Next up is 'Above Suspicion' for Director Phillip Noyce with Jack Huston, Johnny Knoxville, and Thora Birch currently in post-production and due in 2017; 'Voice from the Stone' with Marton Csokas also due in 2017; the comedy 'Set It Up' due next year too, and in development for Director Oliver Hirschbiegel is WWI drama 'The Guns of August' with Charles Dance and Helena Bonham Carter also attached. All up Clarke has fifteen Acting credits to her name, she has four award wins so far and a further 22 nominations including three Prime Time Emmy nods for 'Game of Thrones' in 2013, 2015 and 2016 for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
Emilia Clarke - skilled at singing (ballads, blues, jazz and cabaret); athletic (rowing, swimming, running, tennis, skiing and sailing); has been ranked highly on numerous 'Top Lists' in the last five years including the #1 'Sexiest Woman Alive', 'Most Desirable Woman' and 'Most Beautiful Face', and for all her short time in the big and small screen acting business has left her mark that continues to keep her in demand, in the spotlight and her star shining brightly. Happy 30th Birthday to you Emilia, from Odeon Online.
-Steve, at Odeon Online-